Thursday, November 1, 2012

Lainee Elizabeth

Sweet little Lainee was born on August 14, 2012 at 8:39 in the morning.  Her birth was much different than Brailyn's.  We scheduled this one for the 14th.  Dr. Shaffer said he would do my c-section as early as the 12th, but that was a Sunday and we didn't want to do it then.  Jody's Papaw's birthday was the 14th so we planned it for that day.  I think it's so special that Lainee gets to share her birthday like that.  We had to be there at 6:00 that morning.  Yuck!  My parents came up Monday night so that they could keep Brailyn and she wouldn't have to get up so early.  We got there, got checked in and all hooked up and just waited till Dr. Shaffer was there and ready for us.  A completely different experience this go around.  Jody's mom, dad, and brother came over and got to see us before we went in.  I WALKED to the OR at around 8:15 or so and the rest is history! HA  I was so much more alert this time and it was so much better!  They knocked me out and let me sleep while they finished sewing me up and while Jody took Lainee to the nursery.  That was nice.  I was awake last time and it was not fun!  Brailyn was the first person to come back to see us.  I was so happy to see my "baby" girl!  She will always be my baby!!!  I don't remember much else from the day.  I was tired and going in and out of sleep.  My sister and her kids, Jody's brother and sister in law and our sweet niece(our nephew was a little sick so he didn't get to come back), and our parents were all there for the birth.  Our friends, Shane, Amanda, and Elise came by that night to see us.  Sadly, Brailyn wasn't there, but they brought a sweet big sister gift to her and she got to open it the next day.  The next few days are a little blurry, but we got to come home on Thursday.  It took forever but I finally got discharged.  When we had Brailyn, we drove straight home and VERY slow.  This time, we left and went to Chick-Fil-A to get some lunch then drove home a little faster this time, but still very cautious.  It's funny how things change when you have your second one.  That about sums up her birth story.  She weighed 7 lbs. 1 oz. and was 19.5 inches long.  She weighed more than Brailyn, but she was shorter.  She weighed 6.9 when we left the hospital.   I leave the rest in pictures! Lots and lots of pictures! :)


Getting to see her for the first time!

Sweet Kisses!

Big sister getting to see her for the first time!

Here I am!


Taking a closer look! lol

Getting to hold her for the first time!

Mommy's two girls!

Big sister fell in love right away too!

Sweet girl!

Daddy and his princesses!

Neena and Lainee

Sweet hugs!

Looking a little mad! :)

Papa Dale and Lainee

Gramma and Lainee

Her oldest cousins

Pop-up and Lainee

Aunt Jennifer and Lainee

Uncle Andy and Lainee

Aunt Jen and Madi with Lainee

First family photo!  Looking back on these pictures I puffed up like a balloon!  LOL   
Changing the first diaper

Amanda and Elise with Lainee

Out of those hospital clothes! :)  Like her ankle bracelet?

Such a good big sister!

Sweet moments!

:)

Getting ready to go home

She screamed all the way through the hospital!

Finally out and happy to be headed home!

At home as a family! 
She was not happy! LOL

Aunt Shelley and Lainee

Uncle Ken and Lainee

Sweet sisters holding their siblings!  Cooper was born on May 1st!


2 comments:

  1. Precious pictures remembering Lainee's birth. We sure do love that little doll!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That post was from Neena!!

    ReplyDelete

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers