Monday, May 14, 2012

Surprise!

Surprise....We are expecting and It is a Girl!

Okay so it isn't a surprise anymore.  I am 26 weeks pregnant and am one week away from being in my last trimester.  It is just crazy!  I haven't posted about it yet because I didn't want to deal with our prehistoric computer, but Jody just bought us another one and we are all caught up with the 21st century!  Woohoo!  So hopefully I can get back to blogging a little more.

Anyway back to the original post.  I'm pregnant!  Jody and I found out on my birthday, December 13, that we were expecting Baby Almand #2!  We were pretty surprised.  We weren't expecting to get pregnant so soon. We had already decided to start trying after Brailyn turned two but weren't expecting it to happen so soon.  Anyway we were/are thrilled!

We decided to keep it from our families until Christmas so we could tell everyone together.  We didn't really tell Brailyn either because she can't keep secrets anymore! :)  So we bought a book at Lifeway called God Gave Us Two.  It's a book about a family of bears that already have one baby and they are preparing her for the arrival of the new baby.  Brailyn has the first book, God Gave Us You.  I love these books.  After I got the book and read it, I realized at the end that they end up having twins!  AHHH!  We ended up using the book anyway.  We had Brailyn take it to Neena while we were at their house for Christmas and it took a while for everyone to notice.  I think Jennifer noticed it first and kept hitting Andy but she didn't want to say anything.  Needless to say they were thrilled!

Then on Christmas Day I took the book to my mom to show her.  I had told her that I found a book that used the word Gramma in it, which is what the kids call her.  I was pretty excited when I saw it in the book.  Anyway, she got it and looked at it a minute and then noticed what she was reading!  They were thrilled as well!  Then on New Years Day Brailyn wore her "Big Sis" shirt to tell some more family and that is how we told everyone at church.

On April 13, we found out that we are having another sweet girl, hopefully!  That's another long story, but the tech was "pretty" sure that is what we are having.  Let's hope so because we are buying a few clothes and different things, and the nursery is staying pink!  Brailyn is also really excited about her baby sister!  Two of her cousins have become big sisters in the last 2 months and she is loving the babies!  She is so precious with them.  I hope she is that way when our precious girl comes too!

15 weeks!  My first picture!  Love my sweet baby girl who just had to be in the picture too!


19 or 20.....I can't remember.

24 weeks!
So far, this pregnancy has been even easier than Brailyn's was.  I haven't been sick at all other than the week of Christmas and even then it was just a "blah" feeling, nothing bad.  I've been a little tired but other than that I am great!  Jody would say a little grumpy but oh well! :) I've technically only gained 7 pounds so far.  I lost 2 pounds in the first 3 visits, and these last two I gained five and four respectively. :)  I thought that was a little much for just two months but my doctor is just in shock at how great my weight has been.  I guess I will keep up my ice cream habit. :)  I haven't really craved anything.  Stuff just hits me every now and then and it changes literally day by day.  With both pregnancies, anything that had tomatoes in it, spaghetti, pizza, anything italian, sounds absolutely amazing! I did crave Yoo-hoo chocolate drinks, and those still sound good!  My blood pressure has been excellent also.

We feel so blessed to be having this sweet baby girl, and also that my pregnancy has been uneventful!  We can't wait til August 19, which is the estimated due date!

Oh and she has no name yet, just in case you were wondering(ANDY ALMAND).  :)  We are working on it though!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for this little darling to make her appearance!! She is already loved so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers