Monday, September 12, 2011

Snap, Crackle, & Pop

I'm sure we all remember the Rice Krispie commercials where the families are having a picture perfect time making Rice Krispie treats.  Brailyn and I had our own little picture perfect day a few days ago.  Well, it may not have been perfect to the standards of those commercials, but it was sure perfect to us! 

Brailyn loves to help me in the kitchen with whatever I happen to be doing at the time.  I do not mind at all!  It may take me a little longer to get something done, or she may make a bigger mess, but I wouldn't trade any moment with her for anything in this world!  I have been wanting to let her help me cook something, but I haven't cooked anything recently that she could help with.  So the other day, I decided we would make Rice Krispie treats, well, more like Crisp Rice treats! :)  We had a blast!!!  She helped me measure out how much cereal we needed, then she took it upon herself to add the greek seasoning to the mix! HA   Thankfully it was the bowl of extras that she seasoned up!  What a big helper! And may I add, that we had about as many on the floor as we did in the bowl, but she got to pour them in all be herself!  After we got them mixed up, we cut them out in fun shapes: hearts, circles, and stars!  She had fun helping me! I think she took more time eating the parts that got stuck to her hand.  She wasn't crazy about them, but she kept asking for one.  I'm not sure she ever finished a whole one.  We sure had a great time cooking together, and I can't wait for many more perfect memories like this one!
Pouring them in!  Isn't she a pro?!?
"We need one more mommy!"
Helping mommy cut them out!
Sneaky, huh? :)
My sweet baby!
Finished product!!!  They didn't last very long!

1 comment:

  1. What a great little helper!! I know you both had a blast!! These are times that neither one of you will ever forget!! ENJOY!!

    ReplyDelete

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers